Rail Transit Operations, Performance, and Safety Group is an independent; 100% publicly funded organization that was launched in December 2015, and currently evaluates the operations, performance and safety aspects of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Metrorail (WMATA) Metrorail system. We also provide incidental service information on MARC, and VRE. Make sure to like us on Facebook , and follow us on Twitter.
By working closely with our partner MetroHero and performing field evaluations, we proactively identify potential concerns and issue recommendations that would mitigate potential incidents from occurring.
Our operations are 100% funded by public contributions, which on an average weekly basis entails 60 hours of work; contributions also dictate the level of service we are able to provide.
Our Top 3 Action Items are currently:
- WMATA to return to Automatic Train Operation (ATO) and Automatic Door Operations on full-time basis
- WMATA to operate 7000-series train consists in six-car configurations
- WMATA to reduce radio clutter by improving radio communication protocols
To find out how to help us in our mission, click here.
As of January 1, 2016 our Charter Members consists of the following individuals/organizations:
- Roger Bowles, Charter Member is detailed with reviewing procedures and policies compliance with a concentration in safety management & incident reviews; performs field evaluations on rail operations
- James Pizzurro of MetroHero, Charter Member is a software engineer detailed with providing real-time visualizations and historical operational data on WMATA
- Stephen Repetski, Charter Member is detailed with providing analysis of WMATA Metrorail operations via data visualization and agency historical contexts