Our operations are 100% funded by public contributions, which on an average weekly basis entails approximately 50 hours of work; contributions also dictate the level of service we are able to provide. Our ideal level of service, which would be 7 days a week and 16 hours a day, would require funding of $750/month, which breaks down to $25/day. As of September 1, 2017 unfortunately we are only able to maintain approximately 30% of that target.
Currently our primary mission is evaluating and monitoring Metrorail to ensure that the riding public is aware of incidents, operational, and infrastructure conditions that could affect the travel of approximately 600,000 passengers daily on average. Performing our services is very labor intensive, and includes typically the following:
- Close to 75 hours each week of system monitoring (currently reduced to 50hours due to funding – As of 7/25/17 Weekend monitoring is suspended until further notice)
- Average of 6 hours (2 hours due to funding) each week performing riding evaluations
- Providing field support to one of our partners Metro Hero
- Preparing Incident Reports
- Attending select WMATA Board/Committee Meetings (currently suspended due to funding)
To cover our operating labor costs associated with reviewing operations and incidents as well as administrative, IT fees and equipment we accept NON TAX DEDUCTIBLE contributions. Any amount you would like to contribute is greatly appreciated. You may contribute via monthly contributions via Patreon via the lower link below or via PayPal via the upper link or directly at email@example.com on PayPal